One of the most popular home remodeling projects on the minds of homeowners today is window replacement and rightfully so, because there are several advantages to having well-insulated windows that have been known by many homeowners for years now and with the advances in technology, manufacturers such as PGT Windows can now provide consumers with better energy efficient windows that are not only safe but attractive. And in addition, consumers can now get tax breaks if they invest in energy efficient windows because they are environmentally friendly, so it has never been a better time than now for homeowners to start buying and installing these impact windows. However, do not buy before researching the different manufacturers and their product lines to get an idea of what type of impact resistant windows is best for you, here are 5 things to keep in mind when shopping around for window replacements.
- If you are looking for something inexpensive you should consider vinyl windows. Vinyl windows are one of the most popular types of window replacement on the market because consumers do not have to spend a fortune to upgrade their existing standard windows. But just like anything else, you typically get what you pay for, the disadvantages of vinyl windows are that they don’t resist to air leakage and most people prefer the look of wood windows over vinyl.
- The more energy efficient a particular model, the higher the price will be, however, there are benefits to getting a more efficient windows. When you get a combination of fiberglass and wood which is a lot better at keeping out bad weather and unwanted air. Which as a result will help you to minimize your monthly energy bill, which could justify paying a lot more now as you will recover your investment as time goes by. And of course, if aesthetics is a concern for you, you will like the wood product lines because they will improve the look of your home.
- Once you find the right windows for your home, you should not stop there, the installation process is a very important part and you should only have your new impact windows installed by a professional that has years of experience installing that particular brand of window that you have purchased. You see, if the windows are not installed properly, then it will not perform as efficiently as possible, so then you will lose some of the benefits you were expecting such as energy savings and comfort inside your home.
- Don’t just focus on cost alone when selecting your hurricane windows as there really isn’t any way of avoiding the cost for these types of advanced replacement windows. And like most homeowners you will try to calculate the energy savings that you will receive from installing these windows, but it is important to understand that you will not see those savings quickly, instead it will take years. However the immediate benefits will be the increase comfort in your home, increased aesthetic appeal as well as the value of your home will go up as well.
- Sometimes consumers will purchase and install these impact resistant windows and then they don’t see the cost saving on their monthly energy bill as they were expecting, this could be due to the efficiency of their HVAC system, so no matter how energy efficient your windows is, if your HVAC is not running efficiently you could still see high energy bills. So have a technician to review and service your HVAC on a regular basis to make sure it is running at optimal performance.
Miami-Dade Locations We Serve:
Coral Gables FL, Hialeah FL, Aventura FL, Palmetto Bay FL, Miami Lakes FL, Opa Locka FL, Florida City FL, Key Biscayne FL, Miami Beach FL, Doral FL, Bal Harbour FL, Homestead FL, Miami Gardens FL, South Miami FL, Kendall FL, Pinecrest FL, Sweet Water FL, Miami Shores FL, North Miami Beach FL, Miami Replacement Windows, Cutler Bay FL, Coconut Grove FL, Golden Beach FL